Sunday, April 20, 2014

Blog Post #13

For this week's blog post we were assigned to create our own blog post in our area of specialty. In the future, I plan to become and English teacher. So I decided to ask and answer the following question: What teaching technologies are available for English Teachers? I found a website called Teaching English with Technology it is a resource created to help K-12 English and Language Arts teachers incorporate technology effectively into their courses. The site then search resources for English and Language Arts lesson plans, activities, projects, games,and quizzes that use technology. It is a very helpful website that helps future English teachers get started with teaching with technology.

I also came across a website called The Atlantic. The article on the page was entitled,Why an English Teacher Introduced her Class to the World. Ileana Jimenez was interviewed in a video. She is an English teacher in a New York city high school. Jimenez explains why she wants her students to write publicly on the internet. The video is primarily about why Ileana Jimenez thinks her students writings should be public. Which is pretty much what we do in EDM 310. Every post, comment, and project that is done will be seen by Dr. Strange, the lab assistants, and even the world.

This next video is called Teaching Teachers it is by Ron Waters he teaches teachers how to integrate technology in their classrooms. These tools are just some of the technology available to future educators, searching on google you will find several more.



2 comments:

  1. Great job on the assignment Monique! I wanted to be an English teacher at first, but then I changed to general sciences. I will definitely recommend these videos to the English department at whatever school I find myself at! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Job. I enjoyed reading you blog, and even visited the site you mention. I liked a lot of the different lesson plans it offered. I think I'll be using some of them myself.

    ReplyDelete