Sunday, March 23, 2014

Blog Post #9

What can we learn from Mrs Cassidy?

In the video Little Kids... Big Potential, we were asked to watch for this post, was a teacher named Mrs. Cassidy from Moose Jaw, Canada. She teaches 1st graders and the students show what they do on a regular basics; they blog, use webpages, wikis, videos, Skype, etc. Mrs. Cassidy taught her students that their blog is also their online portfolio. Her approach to the use of technology started 10 years ago, and started with five computers that could not download programs onto them. She begin her technology journey by researching how to make webpages for her 1st grade students.

In my classroom as a future educator, I will definitely use the webpage as Mrs. Cassidy does with her students. I will then create a class blog for my class, because as Cassidy mentioned it is like an online portfolio. If the parents want to know what their child is up to in the classroom instead of a scheduled conference, that parent can check the class blog for their child's progress.

Some of the impediments that I may encounter is creating a particular project that may be difficult. But with the use technology I can reach out to fellow teachers via internet to receive feedback, comments, and suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. First, you might want to re-size the image used in your post. It's far too big. Second, I agree. I do like the idea of assigning each child a blog and have them do posts every week much like what we are doing. I think it's a cute idea myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You covered all you learned? Did you watch all three videos? I can't tell whether you did or not.

    ReplyDelete