Sunday, March 16, 2014

Blog Post #8

Find some 21st Century Learning and Communicating Tools?

For this week's blog post we were asked to find some 21st Century learning tools. My future goal in education is English. I want to become a English/Language Arts teacher. In order to be a 21st Century teacher you must become a 21st Century learner first. So future educators like myself must learn it before we can teach it. Here is a video that tells you about it!



As I continued my search I came across Curriki it is a learning resource for people all over the world. It has PBL's, communication, and teamwork. This is a great site for educators to visit to find resources.

Another 21st century learning resource I came across is Mouse . Mouse empowers youth to learn, lead, and create with technology, preparing them with skills essential for their academic and career success. This program also trains students to become digital media and technology experts in schools, improving their use of technology to enhance learning, while also building confidence and developing skills for 21st century innovation.

In the future as an English teacher I plan to use these tools everyday in the classroom. I am more confident after my research of the 21st century. These resources will be very help!



2 comments:

  1. Your link to Curriki does not work. Some is plural. Did you find any other tools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monique,
    I think you found some great tool for education! I had not heard of Mouse so I am about to go check that out right now! Great post with a lot information. I encourage you to check out Edutopia. It is such a great resource!

    ReplyDelete