Thursday, February 27, 2014

Blog Post 6

What are PLNs (Personal Learning Networks)?

In Steven Anderson's Video Building Your PLN- A Primer For Anyone, he refers to PLNs as PLCs (Personal Learning Communities). PLN is similar to PLC, but it takes the same concept and makes it global. People use PLNs in their everyday use and may not even realize it. PLNs are can be helpful when you have a question that you need an answer. Examples of PLNs are Twitter, Facebook, Blogger.com (for this EDM 310 class).

PLNs will help me as a teacher to connect with other teachers to get help on lessons plans and ask questions. My blog and Twitter for this class is part of my PLN. Technology is constantly changing and as Dr. Strange mentioned, I will have to be a lifelong learner. But it can help me develop the skills I need as a future teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment